Here are a few simple things you can do during the hot summer months to keep you and the skin you're in feeling cool and refreshed:
- Shower every day. Use an exfoliating shower gel to rid yourself of the sweat and grime of the day. The Vervain & Lime Exfoliating Shower Gel by Lavera would work perfectly and the scent is fresh and inviting. Turn the water on hot to begin with because it gets you clean, but towards the end of your shower, turn the water to a lukewarm/cool setting. It lowers your body temperature and also wakes you up if you shower in the morning. To conserve water, we recommend you use a low flow shower head or add a water restrictor if this has not been done already.
- Drink refreshing water. When the weather heats up, a great way to cool down is to drink plenty of water. To make your water more fresh and inviting, cut up some fresh cucumbers and mint and drop it into your ice water. Also, adding mint or fresh mango to your ice cubes can be a nice addition to a glass of water.
- Choose refreshing snacks. Watermelons, grapefruits, oranges and strawberries are great foods that will help you cool down in the summer heat. Also, they will give you a nice boost of energy to help you get through the long summer days.
- Make a homemade Aloe/Yogurt Mask. This mask works wonders for over sun exposed and over heated skin.
- 2 tbsp natural/organic Greek yogurt, room temperature (not low fat or non-fat)
- 1 tsp runny Honey (microwave for a few minutes to soften hardened Honey)
- 6 Slices of cucumbers ( 4 of them chop finely, leave 2 aside to put on you eyes)
- Combine yogurt, Honey and cucumbers in small bowl and put in fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes
- Apply Lavera Aloe Moisturizing Fluid all over face avoiding eyes
- Apply Mask generously on top of the Moisturizing Fluid
- Add 1 Cucumber slice to each eye
- Keep Mask on for 15 Minutes
- Wash face with a steaming washcloth
- For dry skin, use an extra tsp of honey
- For oily skin, add a few drops of fresh lime juice
- Wear Sunscreen. Sunscreen does more than just protect you from the horrible burning rays from the sun. It also protects you from the horrible aging rays. Apply generously the Lavera SPF 20 Sunscreen Lotion all over your body. The Lavera SPF 15 Anti-Aging Facial Sunscreen is a great moisturizing sunscreen especially formulated for your face. Your body will thank you in years to come!
- Use light weight beauty products. Summer is the time of year to show off your beautiful glowing skin. Go with light coverage foundations or tinted moisturizers. Not only will this help your natural glow shine through, but it will also keep your skin looking fresh. Avoid full coverage makeup and strong colors during the summer’s months. The heavier the makeup, the bigger chance it has to melt away in the heat. Pastel eye colors like the Lavera Violet Eyeshadow, a dark Brow Pencil and pink Lip Glosses such as the Lavera Rose Kiss are summer must haves and a great way to accent your beautiful summer glowing skin.