Data Protection Declaration
1) Information on the Collection of Personal Data and Contact Details of the Controller
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. On the following pages, we inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller in charge of data processing on this website, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Laverana Digital GmbH & Co. KG, Am Weingarten 4, 30974 Wennigsen, Deutschland, Tel.: +49 511-67541-100, Fax: +49 5103-93918070, E-Mail: [email protected] The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 The controller has designated a data protection officer for this website. He can be reached as follows: "Data Protection Officer/Datenschutzbeauftragter, Lavesstraße 65. 30159 Hannover, Germany, + 49 511-67541-100, [email protected]"
1.4 This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data Collection When You Visit Our Website
When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the moment of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source/reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form)
Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can check the duration of the respective cookie storage in the overview of the cookie settings of your web browser.
If personal data is also processed by individual cookies set by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links:
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not accepted.
4) Contacting Us
When you contact us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in responding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary.
5) Online Marketing
Facebook pixel for creating custom audiences with extended data matching feature (with Cookie Consent Tool)
Within our online offer, the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook in extended data matching mode is applied. It is operated by Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland (hereinafter "Facebook").
If a user, who has given his explicit consent, clicks on an advertisement placed by us and played on Facebook, an addition is made to the URL of our linked page by Facebook pixels. This URL parameter is then entered into the user's browser via a cookie after it has been forwarded, which is set by our linked page itself. In addition, this cookie collects specific customer information, such as the email address that we collect on our Facebook-associated website during transactions such as purchases, account signups, or registrations (advanced data matching). The cookie is then read by Facebook Pixel and enables the data, including the specific customer data, to be forwarded to Facebook.
With the help of the Facebook pixel with extended data matching feature, Facebook is able to determine visitors of our online offer as a target group for the presentation of ads (so-called "Facebook ads"). Accordingly, the Facebook pixel with extended data matching feature to display Facebook ads placed by us will be presented only to Facebook users who have shown an interest in our online offer or who demonstrate certain characteristics (e.g., interest in certain topics or products determined by means of the websites visited) which we transmit to Facebook (so-called "custom audiences"). When using Facebook pixels, we also want to ensure that our Facebook ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by tracking whether users were forwarded to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad ("conversion"). Compared to the standard variant of Facebook Pixel, the extended data matching feature helps us better measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns by tracking more associated conversions.
All transmitted data is stored and processed by Facebook to enable a connection to the respective user profile and to allow Facebook to use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with the Facebook Data Usage Guidelines (https://www.facebook.com
These processes are subject to express consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR.
Consent to the use of the Facebook pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years of age. If you are younger, please ask your parent or guardian for permission.
The information generated by Facebook is usually transmitted to a Facebook server and stored there; this may also involve transmission to the servers of Meta Platforms Inc. in the USA. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. To exercise your revocation, remove the tick next to the setting for the "Facebook Pixel" in the "Cookie Consent Tool" embedded on the website.
6) Tools and Miscellaneous
This website uses the "Elasticsearch" service of ELASTIC, 800 West El Camino Real, Suite 350, Mountain View, California 94040, USA to provide a search function for articles via the search box and for navigation and filters.
For this purpose, Elasticsearch collects and stores certain user information (such as the user or session ID) in anonymized form.
If personal data are processed, the processing is carried out according to art. 6 para. 1 letter f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in providing an error-tolerant search for articles as well as the easier finding of our products in the store and therefore in an optimal marketing of our offer.
Further information about the data protection regulations of Elasticsearch can be found here: https://www.elastic.co
7) Rights of the Data Subject
7.1 The applicable data protection law grants you the following comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the following information: The personal data processed by us; the purposes of the processing; the categories of processed personal data; the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed; the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period; the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing; the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; where the personal are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source; the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject; the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 when personal data is transferred to a third country.
- Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and/or the right to have incomplete personal data completed which are stored by us.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning you if the conditions of Art. 17 (2) GDPR are fulfilled. However, this right will not apply for exercising the freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing your personal data for the following reasons: As long as the accuracy of your personal data contested by you will be verified. If you oppose the erasure of your personal data because of unlawful processing and you request the restriction of their use instead. If you require the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, once we no longer need those data for the purposes of the processing. If you have objected to processing on grounds relating to your personal situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override your grounds.
- Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing against the controller, he is obliged to communicate to each recipient to whom the personal date has been disclosed any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about those recipients.
- Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR: You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require that those data be transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal, we will immediately erase the data concerned, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR: Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
7.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COMPELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
8) Duration of Storage of Personal Data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective legal basis, the purpose of processing and - if relevant – on the respective legal retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods).
If personal data is processed on the basis of an express consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject revokes his consent.
If there are legal storage periods for data that is processed within the framework of legal or similar obligations on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, this data will be routinely deleted after expiry of the storage periods if it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or if we no longer have a justified interest in further storage.
When processing personal data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection in accordance with Art. 21 (1) GDPR, unless we can provide compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If personal data is processed for the purpose of direct marketing on the basis of Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR, this data is stored until the data subject exercises his right of objection pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
Unless otherwise stated in the information contained in this declaration on specific processing situations, stored personal data will be deleted if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
9) Contacting Laverana
10) Handling of health data
a. Data protection law places special demands on the processing of health data. Health data are personal data that relate to physical or mental health, including the provision of health services, and permit conclusions to be drawn about the state of health of natural persons.
We may principally only process data of this category with your explicit consent. When you communicate health data to us by email, letter or using a contact form, you explicitly consent to our processing of the communicated data for the purpose you provided them for, e.g. to contact you or deal with your request. We will either delete the data collected in this context once their storage is no longer required, or anonymize them and store them if they can help us improve our products. The legal basis for this processing is your consent as per GDPR section 9.2.a.
b. We would also like to inform you that the Cosmetics Regulation (Regulation (EC) No. 1223/20009 section 23) requires us to notify the competent authorities of any serious undesirable effects of cosmetic products we gain knowledge of. This notification mostly serves for consumer protection.
If you communicate personal data to us in connection with a notification concerning undesirable effects of a cosmetic product, we will collect and store your data to fulfil our legal obligations, and possibly notify the "Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety". More information on the notification of the competent authority is available at: https://www.bvl.bund.de/DE/03_Verbraucherprodukte/03_AntragstellerUnternehmen/02_Kosmetik/02_SUE/bgs_fuerAntragsteller_kosmetik_SUE_node.html
If we are of the opinion that the competent authority needs to be notified, we will usually contact you. In exceptional cases we will send the data directly to the authority. We transfer the data "pseudonymized". Notifications regularly include information about your age, year and date of birth, gender and initials and/or a "code" for your name, plus possibly disclosed health data, where applicable. We will store the data you communicate to deal with authority enquiries and meet our legal obligations (esp. Regulation (EC) No. 1223/2009 section 11) for a period of up to ten years from the date of the last batch of the cosmetic product being placed on the market. The legal basis for this processing is GDPR section 9.2.a or 9.2.g.
Your consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Revocation of your consent will leave the lawfulness of any processing based on it before the revocation unaffected.
Please send your notice of revocation in writing or text form to the following address: [email protected]
11) Information on cookies used and other tracking, marketing or personalization technologies
These technologies are required to activate the core functionality of the website.
These technologies enable us to analyse the use of the website in order to measure and improve performance.
These technologies are used by advertisers to serve ads that are relevant to your interests.